Competition for consumer dollars is greater than ever. Despite increasing consolidation, retailing remains a fragmented business, based on millions of transactions in thousands of local outlets. While pricing pressure remains high, customer expectations of the experience have also risen.
As a premier executive search firm whose consultants have worked extensively in retail and apparel, Heidrick & Struggles understands the requirements of increasingly complex management positions and the ways in which organizational structures need to evolve. Successful companies need creative and conceptual executives who know how to harness brand image, operational excellence, customer service and quality product into a competitive advantage. Our constant activity in the marketplace positions us to identify and engage executives with key critical attributes for retail clients:
- The merchandising savvy to anticipate customer needs
- The ability to cultivate brand equity and increasingly brand community
- The financial acumen to increase revenues while controlling operating costs and shrinkage
- The team building skills to attract, develop, motivate and retain top talent
- An understanding of the complexities of multi-channel markets
- Experience to successfully lead organizations in global markets
Over the past five years, Heidrick & Struggles' consultants have conducted more than 1.300 senior-level and board director assignments for retail, fashion and luxury goods companies. Our clients cover the spectrum of multi-nationals, regional players and increasingly private equity backed firms. With unsurpassed geographic scope, we have the ability to serve clients across a broad range of functions and sectors.