Office Location: Dusseldorf
Phone: +49 211 82820
Werner Knips is a partner in the Heidrick & Struggles’ Düsseldorf office and a member of the global Financial Services and CEO & Board practices.
With more than twenty years at the firm, Werner has built up and led the global Real Estate Practice. Today he is coordinating the firm’s real estate and private equity business in Germany.
Werner specializes in executive search and leadership consulting, helping international and domestic clients (conglomerates as well as mid-cap firms) to fill important senior leadership positions and establish sustainable corporate leadership programs. He has successfully completed over seven hundred search mandates, thereof over five hundred in the real estate sector and more than seventy for private equity clients, including positions such as chairman, NXDs, CEOs, COOs, CFOs, partners, principles and VPs as well as specialists like senior asset managers, senior developers, corporate real estate managers etc.
- Initiated and chaired several top management real estate conferences
- Founder and deputy chairman of the association “Initiative Corporate Governance of the German Real Estate Industry” (ICG - www.immo-initiative.de)
- Member of the founding board and steering committee of “Zentraler Immobilien Ausschuss” (ZIA - the German Property Federation - www.zia-deutschland.de)
- Initiator and chair of the real estate top management event “The German Real Estate Summit”
- Initiator and chair of the ICG and Heidrick & Struggles’ joint venture “ICG Real Estate Board Academy”
- Member of the Urban Land Institute (ULI)
Werner gained a banking qualification at the Dresdner Bank before commencing his academic degree. He graduated from the Fachhochschule Düsseldorf with a degree in business administration and gained a master’s degree in physical education at the Deutsche Sporthochschule in Cologne. Werner is fluent in English and German.