Careers at Heidrick & StrugglesHeidrick & Struggles’ growth demands that we attract exceptional people.
We welcome experienced professionals year-round from all backgrounds, whether you have many years of work experience or just a few. To build the strongest and most creative team, we also recruit high achievers from colleges and universities around the world. Our requirements are that you are seeking an intellectually stimulating career. Quite simply, we are looking for talented people who will play a part in leading Heidrick & Struggles to be a premier leadership advisory firm.
We strive to recruit people with exceptional talent and ability—and to celebrate their differences. We develop our people and give them the opportunity to be the best they can be. We are committed to making Heidrick & Struggles a place where everyone has the potential to succeed.
Roles at Heidrick & Struggles:
- Research AssociateResearch Associates support Associates and Consultants with information essential to the completion of the research phase of an executive search. Research Associates proactively work with teams to offer insights, interpretations, and direction based upon knowledge gained through their evolving experience. For recent college graduates and/or those interested in a career in Executive Search, this role serves as an excellent foundation to build the skills and knowledge required to advance to the Associate level.
- AssociateAssociates partner with and assist Consultants in all aspects of the search process. An integral part of an Associate’s role is relationship management – networking and building strong relationships with senior executives and assessing prospective candidates against our client’s requirements. The Associate role is a highly visible role with excellent career track potential.
- Executive AssistantExecutive Assistants provide project and business administration support to the search team for the duration of the search and in all aspects of the search process, including: document preparation and management, scheduling and planning of candidate and client interviews and meetings, billing, and expense reporting. An integral part of an EA’s role is problem solving within the search execution and administrative process to increase efficiencies and ensure a positive experience for our clients.
- Engagement ManagerEngagement Managers lead engagements across all phases of the search process. This role is responsible for interacting and establishing relationships with industry leaders, candidates and clients. Internally, the Engagement Manager is a recognized expert on the search process, and they are responsible for developing other search colleagues.
- Associate PrincipalAssociate Principals manage all phases of the executive search process. This role partners with clients on a regular basis and develops trusting, ongoing client relationships. Associate Principals actively engage in business development by winning repeat business through excellent execution and by identifying new opportunities to serve clients. This role also develops long-lasting relationships and serves as a valued counselor to candidates and candidate sources.
- PrincipalPrincipals develop senior-level relationships with our clients and candidates, lead searches, win new business for Heidrick & Struggles and participate in practice management. In addition, Principals demonstrate market/industry expertise and are recognized thought leaders within the firm and with our clients.
- PartnerHeidrick & Struggles Partners lead the search industry in what it means to be an outstanding executive search partner to our clients and candidates. Heidrick & Struggles partners serve as ambassadors of the firm and thought leaders on the industries and markets they serve. They demonstrate the firm’s culture and mentor other Consultants and Associates. They lead the development of business for the firm and participate in practice and firm management.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement of Policy
Heidrick & Struggles is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants including members of minority groups and women, and will endeavor to make reasonable accommodation to the limitations of physically and mentally disabled employees and applicants, and to fully utilize the skills of Vietnam-era veterans. The company expects all employees to support this policy and to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
Submit my resume to work at Heidrick & Struggles
See a possible match? Submit your information and resume today.Submit
We also recommend that you consider a membership to BlueSteps, the executive career management service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), of which Heidrick & Struggles is a founding member. BlueSteps offers an exclusive suite of career management tools and services tailored for top executives.Learn More